- © Villa Schönthal
- © Riding Dinner OG
- © Private Hidaway
Duration: 10 days
Available: May - October 2023.
Difficulty: All ages / Not applicable
Location: Vienna, Langenlois & Graz.
Vienna, the Danube Valley & Styria are three typical culinary destinations in the eastern part of Austria. Discover the different areas and learn more about typical & regional specialities which are influenced by different traditions since centuries
Your trip to culinary highlights will start in Vienna where coffee-houses have a long tradition and still a meeting point for business-people as well as for students, artists and other intellectual people. We recommend learn more about coffee tradition and enjoy a coffee-break at one of the comfortable “second dining-rooms” of the Viennese people.
Langenlois, one of the best known wine regions of Austria is located next to the Danube Valley. Questions like "What is the difference between a Grüner Veltliner and a Riesling? or "What does a Zweigelt actually taste like?" will be answered during a wine tasting at a locally vinothek. At the "Loisium World of Wine" you get more background-knowledge about the 900 years old wine cellars and how tradition and modernity are merged to form a special symbiosis. You will have the opportunity to taste the so-called Marillenknödel on a terrasse, overviewing the Danube river.
Next highlight will be Mariazell, one of the most famous European pilgrimage villages and also well-known for its tradition in producing Lebkuchen (honey ginger-bread), fine herbal liqueurs, stomach drops and bees wax. During a show-bakery you learn more about the crafts of Lebkuchen baking and discover the history and techniques of these age-old traditional trade. Take the opportunity to have a go for yourself.
Your final highlight will be in Styria, also famous for culinary delights like Styrian pumpkin seed oil, schnaps, ham, wines & sweets which you will find at the local farmers market in Graz. Your leisure time can be spent at the idyllic natural swimming pond or discover the area with an environmetally friendly car like BMWi3 or BMW i8.
You may continue your journey to another culinary region like Friuli-Venezia-Guilia/Italy, Lake Balaton/Hungary or back to Vienna Airport by train from Graz.
calculation based on 2 adults: per person in standard double room in 4 & 5-star-hotels, local tax & VAT
- limousine service (Mercedes E-class/V-class or similar) with English speaking driver
- road tax & parking fees
- English speaking guide service for private guided tour programs
Health & Safety
- Face masks required for travelers YES
- Face masks required for guides YES
- 4 nights Vienna (Grandhotel or similar) with breakfast
- 3 nights Langenlois (hotel Loisium) with breakfast
- 2 nights Graz (private hidaway resort) with breakfast
- guided tour Viennese coffeehouses (2 hours guide, coffee/tea, 1 Sacher cake)
- guided culinary tour Naschmarkt (1 hour), cooking class, dinner service (guide, cooking class, 3 course dinner wine/water)
- carriage riding dinner: Personal butler, coachman, 3 course menu, 1 bottle white wine & sparkling water, coffee (1,5 hours)
- private transfer from Vienna to Langenlois via Danube Valley (3 hours guide, limousine/minivan, entrance fee Dürnstein, Marillenknödel tasting)
- guided tour vineyards (2 hours wine expert/wine maker tour, tastings)
- winecyletour (3 hours, guided tour, e bike, 3 stations, tastings)
- audio guided tour at Loisium Weinerlebniswelt (90 minutes, entrance fee, 1 tasting)
- private transfer from Langenlois to Graz via Mariazell (7 hours, limousine/minivan)
- guided tour at Mariazell in Lebkuchen bakery, tasting, self decorated Lebkuchen (1/2 hour)
- half day culinary tour Graz (3 hours guide, limousine/minivan, tastings, steep funicular, cocktail)
Day 1: Arriva: Vienna
Day 2: City walk "The secrets of the Viennese coffee-houses"
Day 3: Culinary walk at Vienna´s food market, followed by a cooking class with dinner service at a nearby restaurant
Day 4: Carriage riding dinner in the city
Day 5: Departure in private vehicle to Langenlois via Danube valley with tasting of "Marillenknödel
Day 6: Walk through the vineyards by a wine-expter/wine-maker, followed by a winecycletour
Day 7: Audio guided tour at Loisium World of Wine
Day 8: Departure in private vehicle to Graz via Mariazell and visit of Pirkers show bakery of Lebkuchen & Basilica
Day 9: Culinary walking tour, visit of farmer´s market, tasting of regional specialities, cocktail-service
Day 10: Departure: Graz
Experience / Highlights
- culinary tour Naschmarkt, followed by a cooking class & dinner service
- carriage riding dinner in the city
- beauties of Danube valley & Marillenknödel tasting
- tour vineyards & winecycletour
- Mariazell, one of the famous European pilgrimage villages
- culinary tour at Graz, City of Delight
- lunch/dinner service
- entrance fees (if not stated in included services)
- arrival/departure transfer services
- personal expenses