- © Villa Schönthal
- Castle Esterhazy Eisenstadt
- © Private Hideaway Südsteiermark
Duration: 7 days
Available: May - October 2023.
Difficulty: All ages / Not applicable
Location: Danube Valley, Burgenland, Styria.
The Danube Valley, Burgenland & Styria are the most important wine destinations in Austria. Discover the different wine & culinary tourism areas and relax next to the Danube river, lake Neusiedl and the so-named "Styrian Tuscany"
The Danube Valley is well-known for apricots and its liquid spiritouses which will be produced in several manufacturies along the river. Krems, the main city of this wine region is home for wineries and where you have a fantastic view to Göttweig Abbey, on the other river-side. You will discover this region by a train and boat ride and tasting of typcial wines.
The next highlight will await you at lake Neusiedl, nestled between the last foothills of the Alps and the Little Hungarian Plain. The region gained additional reputation through the establishment of the national park Neusiedler See-Seewinkel. Nowadays this area impresses with an incredible diversity in flora and fauna.
After leaving Burgenland you will continue your holidays in another typical wine region of Austria, namely in South Styria. It is also famous for culinary delights like Styrian pumpkin seed oil, schnaps, ham, wines & sweets which you will find at the local farmers market in Graz. Your leisure time can be spent at the idyllic natural swimming pond or discover the area with an environmetally friendly car like BMWi3 or BMW i8.
You may return to Vienna by train ride from Graz for a city trip or direct transfer to Vienna airport.
calculation based on 2 adults: per person in standard double room in 4 star hotels, local tax & VAT
- limousine/van service (Mercedes E-class/V-class or similar) with English speaking driver
- road tax & parking fees
- English speaking guide service for private guided tour programs
Health & Safety
- Face masks required for travelers YES
- Face masks required for guides YES
- 2 nights at 4 star winery hotel at Danube Valley with breakfast & VAT
- 2 nights at Relais & Chateau winery hotel (or similar) at lake Neusiedl with breakfast & VAT
- 2 nights at private hide away winery chalet in South Styria with breakfast & VAT
- private guided half day excursion Krems (4 hours) (train ride, guide service, Art gallery, wine tasting)
- limousine/van transfer to Lake Neusiedl via Eisenstadt; possibility to visit castle Estzerhazy (regular tour)
- private guided full day excursion Lake Neusiedl (7 hours) (limousine/van and guide servce, boat ride, horse carriage tour, snacks/drinks)
- limousine/van transfer to South Styria via ham & chocolate region; possibility to visit chocolate manufactury (regular tour)
- private guided half day excursion “capital of culinary delights” Graz (4 hours) (limousine/van and guide servcie, food tastings)
Day 1 Arrival Vienna: individual transfer to accommodation at Danube Valley
Day 2: private guided half day excursion Krems
Day 3: limousine/van transfer to Lake Neusiedl via Eisenstadt; possibility to visit castle Estzerhazy (regular tour)
Day 4: half day excursion Lake Neusiedl
Day 5: limousine/van transfer to South-Styria via ham & chocolate region; possibility to visit chocolate manufactury (regular tour)
Day 6: half day excursion “capital of culinary delights” Graz
Day 7: departure: Sout-Styria; train ride Graz to Vienna city or Vienna airport
Experience / Highlights
- beauties of Danube valley and wine
- tasting in Krems
- wine region of Lake Neusiedl with boat ride, horse carriage tour, regional snacks/drinks
- culinary tour at Graz, City of Delight with food tastings
- lunch/dinner service
- entrance fees (if not stated in included services)
- arrival/departure transfer services
- personal expenses