- Castle Herrenchiemsee
- Castle Linderhof
Castles in Bavaria & Munich
Visit the impressive castles of King Ludwig II and enjoy the city trip to Munich
Duration: 6 days
Available: April - October 2023.
Location: Munich, Elmau, Chiemsee.
Bavaria with its beautiful landscape and extraordinary castles of Neuschwanstein and Chiemsee as well as their capital Munich, which are the highlights of this journey
Arrival in Munich where you will get in touch with the Old Town and the most famous sights of the capital of Bavaria. Leaving Munich 2 days later for discovering the lovely landscape in the countryside. Your driver will bring you to the South of Bavaria, close to Neuschwanstein where you will stay for the next days. The pitoresque village of Hohenschwangau is an ideal place for visits of the famous castles of King Ludwig II Neuschwantein and Linderhof as well as a short drive away from Wieskirche which is an UNESCO World heritage site.
Neuschwanstein located on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen and has appeared prominently in several movies and was the inspiration for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle and later, similar structures. Another highlight of this programm will be the city trip to Munich welln know for its "Biergarten".
After leaving Neuschwanstein area your driver will bring to to the eastern part of Bavaria, close to Austrian borders, namely to the Chiemsee region, where you take a boat ride upon Lake Chiemsee to visit Herrenchiemsee Palace. Stopping at Herrenchiemsee Island, here you'll enjoy a horse and carriage ride to discover the castle facade which is an identical copy of the Palace of Versailles followed by an interior visit. Later on transfer to Munich, where you will spend the last day of your trip.
Rate per person! Calculation based on 2 adults: per person in standard double room at 5-star hotels, local tax & VAT
- limousine/van service (Mercedes E-class/V-class or similar), road tax & parking fees
- English speaking guide service
- 3 nights at 5 star hotel in Munich (Rocco Forte The Charles or similar) including breakfast
- 3 nights at 5 star hotel close to Neuschwanstein (hotel Schloss Elmau, hotel Alpin Resort Sacher Seefeld or similar) including breakfast
- half day city tour Munich (3 hours) (limousine/van, guide service)
- private limousine/van service Munich to castle Neuschwanstein & transfer to your hotel
- entrance ticket castle Neuschwanstein (public tour)
- private limousine/van transfer to Herremchiemsee
- half day tour program Herrenchiemsee (limousine/van, guide service, boat
- ride, entrance fee castle Herrenchiemsee)
- private limousine/van transfer from Herrenchiemsee to Munich
Day 1: Arrival: Munich
Day 2: half day city tour Munich
Day 3: private limousine/van transfer to your hotel via Wieskirche & castle Neuschwanstein (participation in public tour)
Day 4: day at leisure at your hotel
Day 5: departure Elmau: private limousine/van transfer to Prien at Chiemsee, boat ride & visit of castle Herrenchiemsee, transfer to Munich
Day 6: Departure: Munich
Experience / Highlights
- castles Neuschwanstein, Herrenchiemsee
- city trip to Munich
- accommodation at hotel Schloss Elmau or Alpin Resort Sacher
- lunch/dinner service
- entrance fees (others than mentioned above)
- arrival/departure transfer services
- personal expenses